Trying to lose out on the extra pounds you put on, during the Holidays? Read on to learn some great tips from health-minded people.
- Cut down on alcohol: If you are determined to press the reset button with your health, a dry January can certainly help. Cutting out on alcohol consumption will accelerate your weight loss journey.
- Choose nuts: pick up Almonds, Walnuts, and pistachios against heavily processed, packaged snacks.
- Eat slowly: properly chewing food and swallowing only when food is broken into the tiniest parts is a healthy way to eat food. Eating slowly does not only allow us to enjoy the food more but it also gives a clear clue of tummy being filled up.
- Exercise anything that moves: in this new era of modified lifestyle, keep moving various parts of the body whenever you get a chance. May it be in bed or sitting, standing or even walking. People are mistaken that 5 minutes doesn’t make a difference; but every minute counts.
- Getting enough sleep: Very important! When you sleep less, it decreases the ‘satisfaction’ hormone called leptin and increases the hunger hormone ghrelin. You must have noticed that when you are sleep deprived you crave more salty or sweet foods. Hence, sleeping right is equally important to eat right!
- Don’t skip meals: Ah, this would be the nail in the coffin. Please don’t allow your body to feel that it is being starved. Being kept away from food, the body will do things to survive and start to carve for more and more food. This will reverse your goal. Instead of starving eat small portions every 4 hours.
- Stay hydrated: Have two glasses of water before every meal. Water will make you feel fuller and eat less.
- Cut calories, not flavor: reorganize your plate and form a balanced diet.
- 80% rule: Eat till you are 80% full. Don’t join the empty-your-plate bandwagon, instead pack the leftover food to it later.
- Go Veggies: Green leafy vegetables are high-fiber, low-calorie, and nutritious. Cut on oil and add herbs for taste.
- Skip the chips: when you have a craving for salty foods, reach out to popcorn instead of a packet of chips.
Also, realize that the new era solutions can also fix these new era challenges. You can also try out some nutraceutical foods to rejuvenate your body. Some effervescent, apple cider vinegar tablets would help in your weight loss journey with various other benefits. Learn more about it at apple cider vinegar.